Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday morning October 13

Dove Cafe next to Terminal Hotel

Bird nest outside "courtyard"


It is 8:15 in Nairobi. Paula and I have been awake for a couple of hours. We've gotten dressed, our bags are ready and we went downstairs to the cafe next door for breakfast. We both had the number 4 breakfast: 2 slices toast, tea, 2 fried eggs, bacon and sausage. It was served with a tomato slice on top of a slaw. I also had passion juice. Although I could not eat all of mine, it was good. We had smelled the bacon through our window and it was too enticing to pass up. I paid the waiter $4 US and received 550 Kenyan shillings for change! What a deal.


Tommy and Carlos are still asleep and we (or rather I) woke them upon our return, a few minutes ago. Paula and I are sitting in the "balcony" outside our window. There is a bird's nest across the small courtyard and while there are just a few birds, you would have thought there was a flock of hundreds with the noise and chatter.


Although I did not fall asleep immediately, the bed was fairly comfortable -- no back aches when I awoke which is a good thing. The weather is comfortable -- a slight cool breeze and it is cloudy. There is no air conditioning but we were quite comfortable last night. I dressed in a long sleeve shirt with, can you believe, coulottes that I found at a thrift store!!


Tommy and Carlos are up and headed down for breakfast and we are going to sit with them.


Pastor George will meet us and we'll get started looking for the other items we wanted to take to the village.

No comments:

Post a Comment